Welcome to the Upper Rio FM Society’s website!
The mission of the Upper Rio FM Society, Inc. is to provide a State-of-the-Art
Amateur Radio repeater network for the benefit of our members, licensed Amateur Radio
operators, the community and provide public service communication support in times of emergency.
Did you hear the Upper Rio FM Society has a new repeater? If not you must not be on our newsletter mailing list. Sign up and get the latest Upper Rio News.
On July 14, 2018 the Upper Rio placed a new repeater located on Sandi Peak into operation.
- Call Sign: K5FIQ,
- Frequency: 442.450 MHz, with a + offset and a PL tone of 67 Hz.
- Output power: 23 watts to an omnidirectional antenna mounted about 45 feet AGL.
For more information see the announcement.
The Upper Rio FM Society
The Upper Rio FM Society started its journey as a club in 1968 with the help of eleven enthusiastic Hams interested in advancing the use of the two-meter band. Today, the organization boasts nine linkable 2-meter and 70-centimeter repeaters (two of which are D-Star digital repeaters). The linking system also has access to over 40 additional 2-meter and 70-centimeter repeaters located around New Mexico that make up the Mega-Link and other affiliated systems.
Whether you are a new or experienced Ham, an existing URFMSI member or someone who is interested in joining our organization, we hope that this website is useful. Enjoy, and please don’t hesitate to contact us with your comments or questions!
- Next membership meeting will feature Mike Langner (K5MGR) : URFMSI – the first 50 years.
- A copy of the presentation at the July 2018 meeting has been posted.
- You can now check your membership status online and renew online with a credit card. Visit the Membership Page
- View past newsletters and subscribe here
Report a problem: Have you noticed a problem with a repeater? If so please give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish to thank the generous support from:
Repeater Network Outages and issuesNone at this time