Welcome to the Upper Rio FM Society’s website!
The mission of the Upper Rio FM Society, Inc. is to provide a State-of-the-Art
Amateur Radio repeater network for the benefit of our members, licensed Amateur Radio
operators, the community and provide public service communication support in times of emergency.
Capilla D-Star Repeater, APRS, and GMRS are Back Online!
HUB VHF D-Star Repeater Back Online
A work party on Capilla on 4/21/2019
- Brought the D-Star repeater back online,
- Attached a temporary APRS antenna to the digi
- Installed a new battery / power function manager panel.
A work party at the HUB on 4/28/2019
- Reposition the ’90 antenna to the top of the tower which should give better coverage.
- Brought the VHD D-Star repeater back online
- Relocated the APRS I-Gate antenna for better coverage.
All analog and all D-Star repeaters are online and operating normally
Bob Longoria’s April presentation is now online.
The Upper Rio FM Society
The Upper Rio FM Society started its journey as a club in 1968 with the help of eleven enthusiastic Hams interested in advancing the use of the two-meter band. Today, the organization boasts nine linkable 2-meter and 70-centimeter repeaters (two of which are D-Star digital repeaters). The linking system also has access to over 40 additional 2-meter and 70-centimeter repeaters located around New Mexico that make up the Mega-Link and other affiliated systems.
Whether you are a new or experienced Ham, an existing URFMSI member or someone who is interested in joining our organization, we hope that this website is useful. Enjoy, and please don’t hesitate to contact us with your comments or questions!
- A copy of the presentation at the July 2018 meeting has been posted.
- You can now check your membership status online and renew online with a credit card. Visit the Membership Page
- View past newsletters and subscribe here
Report a problem: Have you noticed a problem with a repeater or the web site? If so please give us a shout at email@example.com
We wish to thank the generous support from:
View an abbreviated copy of the membership roster to check the status of your membership
Repeater Network Outages and issuesNone at this time